The Cry Baby is on sabbatical ....

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Video: Bungee jumper's cord snaps and plunges her into crocodile infested river


Something you will never, ever find The Cry Baby doing is bungee jumping. Not only do I not relish the thrill as some seem to, but the strong whiff of danger is enough to start me running. To me it has always seemed like danger without the reward.

Many will, and have disagreed with me, but after watching this chilling video of a bungee jumper's cord snapping in the heart of Africa, you might be more likely to agree with me. The jumper, 22-year- old Erin Langworthy, fell 111 meters into the crocodile infested waters of the Zambesi River on the Zimbabwe/Zambia border, suffering only minor injuries – a small miracle.

"It felt like I had been slapped all over,” Langworthy told Australia's Channel 9 News. “I landed with my legs tied and then had to swim to the Zimbabwe side [of the river] through the rapids. "


“It was quite scary because a couple of times the rope actually got caught on some rocks or debris. “I actually had to swim down and yank the bungee cord out of whatever it was caught on to make it to the surface.”  


“All the water I inhaled meant I couldn't breathe and I made them roll me on to my side and that's when I started coughing up water and blood.” 

Have a look at the video:

 

Subscribe to The Cry Baby Blog by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment