The Cry Baby is on sabbatical ....

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Charlie Sheen's "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option" show bombs in Detroit


Not that I was expecting a whole lot from Charlie Sheen's wacko tour, but the reviews seem even worse that expected. The show opened in Detroit and here's a sample of the reviews by BuzzFeed:

• Linda Fugate, 47, of the Detroit suburb of Lincoln Park, left the theater and walked up the street yelling, “I want my money back! “I was hoping for something. I didnt think it would be this bad.”
• “Brutal. I expected him to at least entertain a little bit. It was just a bunch of ranting.” - Rodney Gagnon, 34, of Windsor, Ontario.
• Attendee Chris Acchione, a self-described Sheen fan who traveled all the way from Toronto for the show, says his entire mezzanine row walked out. He's making a fool of himself, he says. Is there a bigger loser in the world? He'll be begging Chuck Lorre for his job back by the end of the week.
* “He was babbling on and on until I wanted to throw up in my seat.”
• Bob Orlowski said he brought six clients to Saturday's performance, thinking it would be an event, but instead witnessed a train wreck. One of his clients said Sheen's performance replaced a Milli Vanilli concert as the worst show he'd ever seen. Now he feels good about Milli Vanilli.
* Tina Mighion, Sterling Heights, MI: “It was the worst thing Ive ever seen in my entire life.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment