The Cry Baby is on sabbatical ....

Monday, May 9, 2011

Infographic: How Americans feel about the hit on bin Laden


After 10 years of hunting and trillions of dollars spent waging war,  Osama bin Laden is finally history.  I'm certainly not losing sleep over the quaint issues of whether the U.S. broke international law in the operation or executed an unarmed man. Here's how President Obama felt about the operation as told to  60 Minutes :
"As nervous as I was about this whole process, the one thing I didn’t lose sleep over was the possibility of taking bin Laden out,” he said. “Justice was done. And I think that anyone who would question that the perpetrator of mass murder on American soil didn’t deserve what he got needs to have their head examined.”
 "It was the longest 40 minutes of my life with the possible exception of when Sasha got meningitis when she was three months old, and I was waiting for the doctor to tell me that she was all right. It was a very tense situation.”
“These guys are going in, you know, the darkness of night. And they don’t know what they’re gonna find there. They don’t know if the building is rigged. They don’t know if, you know, there are explosives that are triggered by a particular door opening. So huge risks that these guys are taking. And so my number one concern was, if I send them in, can I get them out?”

But how does the rest of America feel about the "hit"? Good.is with Column Five Media produced this graphic showing the opinions of the American people using data from a USA Today/Gallup poll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment