The Cry Baby is on sabbatical ....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stunning timelapse video of Las Vegas - "24 Hours of Neon"


Photographer Philip Bloom shot "24 Hours of Neon" using HDR tone mapping, a process that combines different images of the same scene, made at different exposures, into one frame, producing a tonal range not available in normal photograph. From Bloom:

"I wanted to create a sense of colour and insanity that Las Vegas gives you. All from one view point. My balcony. With that restriction can you do it? Well I did it before in my two previous timelapses...
This was harder in a way as there was no single focal point like in the Sydney Harbour piece or the Space Needle piece.

I made a virtue of the HDR tone mapping with the change of pace in the music and also my use of bookends which I love."

The result is a stunning video, with a beautiful soundtrack by Clint Mansell.


24 Hours of Neon from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment